2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Its the PTU and front passenger axle. The dealer said that when the PTU failed it damaged the axle. The warranty company sent out an adjuster to try to find a reason to deny the claim. The dealer said they see no reason for it do be denied, but I'll know next week. He said that the PTU can be there in a few days. The axle is back ordered for 30+ days. I can't wait that long. He said that if I can procure one before then. They would put that in.
Try salvage yards ? Or some auto parts stores, maybe they can find one (cheap) for you. Yeah PTU probably damaged the splines on the axle.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,008 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If that's the case, then you don't have the "real one, from the dealer" aka Mopar MaxCare, you have a no-name 3rd party service contract.
Oh, it's a real one from a dealer. I purchased the car used. It's a dealer sold extended warranty. It's a real one meaning. Not a fake one from the scam calls everyone gets.

Yeah, I've googled them. I have results that pop up. None of them say whether or not they're in stock. I've tried calling. The last one I called said that these sites always list everything as if it were ready and in stock even though they're not. But thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
511 Posts
well the car thinks the brake pedal is being pressed with thousands of psi and then hundreds/thousands of negative psi in matters of just existing not being touched. then when pressing it its just doing it faster and more intensly.

logically, there is probably some stability or drivetrain abuse parameters related somehow with that, but i would not know
My original response was regarding the OP's problem...not your problem. This is a thread titled "2019 Trailhawk went BANG! Then crunch crunch." Comparing that to your sensor issue does not make logical sense, hence my Gene Kranz reply.

Regardless, the OP has confirmed that it was indeed a physical component issue.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Oh, it's a real one from a dealer. I purchased the car used. It's a dealer sold extended warranty. It's a real one meaning. Not a fake one from the scam calls everyone gets.

Yeah, I've googled them. I have results that pop up. None of them say whether or not they're in stock. I've tried calling. The last one I called said that these sites always list everything as if it were ready and in stock even though they're not. But thanks for the replies.
I've never seen an adjuster sent out on a Mopar Max Care claim. You might have bought a real warranty from the dealer, but probably backed by their dealership or a 3rd party instead of Mopar.

Reactions: @JC

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I've never seen an adjuster sent out on a Mopar Max Care claim. You might have bought a real warranty from the dealer, but probably backed by their dealership or a 3rd party instead of Mopar.
From what the OP posted, it is clearly a third-party warranty even though it is sold via dealership (many do this, for used cars they are all third-party). Hopefully they will step up here.

Reactions: techguyga

·
Registered
12,009 Posts

I'll just go ahead and repeat myself ;) Try salvage yards if you can't find a new one quickly. This way you'd be back on the road quickly, and you'd be able to swap with a new (or refurbished) axle when one becomes available, or when/if the salvaged one fails...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'll just go ahead and repeat myself ;) Try salvage yards if you can't find a new one quickly. This way you'd be back on the road quickly, and you'd be able to swap with a new (or refurbished) axle when one becomes available, or when/if the salvaged one fails...

I'm friends with a guy who works at a local salvage yard. He said Monday he will look for one for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My original response was regarding the OP's problem...not your problem. This is a thread titled "2019 Trailhawk went BANG! Then crunch crunch." Comparing that to your sensor issue does not make logical sense, hence my Gene Kranz reply.

Regardless, the OP has confirmed that it was indeed a physical component issue.
I am sorry you felt the need to be hostile about this, I simply shared something that has been an issue on my vehicle and I am also aware that "bang crunch crunch" can most definitely be taken worse by other people , like, as more serious or bad sounding

The issue Im talking about causes a very real noise cascade as the OP description albeit id say less severe, and that the issue im talkking about involves a physical component too

he found the issue, but sharing collective knowledge and experiences doesnt have to be seen as bad or as telling eachother that [anecdote] is the same thing,follow my process now

21 - 33 of 33 Posts