2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on replacing a starter for a 2.0l and im trying to find the starter. Heard some people take the intake off to do this job. Any suggestions to get this done?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,784 Posts
If your Jeep is still under factory warranty why would you want to remove the starter??????
Many '19s (released mid 2018) are out of the 3 year warranty...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Working on replacing a starter for a 2.0l and im trying to find the starter. Heard some people take the intake off to do this job. Any suggestions to get this done?
On the 2.0 it's from below... If you have a 4X4, you'll need to remove the transfer case. (it's the 2.4 that may require removing the intake). :cool:

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,479 Posts
What makes you think that the starter is bad to begin with??? Starter failure on our Cherokees is EXTREMELY RARE, in fact almost unheard of...😎

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the 2.0 it's from below... If you have a 4X4, you'll need to remove the transfer case. (it's the 2.4 that may require removing the intake). :cool:
Automotive tire Flash photography Motor vehicle Grey Thigh

Tool Wood Font Tints and shades Rectangle

Had took some picture of the underside. This is what I thought the starter was but wanted to make sure before I went ahead and started taking stuff off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What makes you think that the starter is bad to begin with??? Starter failure on our Cherokees is EXTREMELY RARE, in fact almost unheard of...😎
Car won't crank for him he said. He got the battery changed with a new one and didn't fix the issue for him. Alternator looks fine on the car when I got a hold of it.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Car won't crank for him he said. He got the battery changed with a new one and didn't fix the issue for him. Alternator looks fine on the car when I got a hold of it.
Check the connection at the starter, and all grounds. Like I said, these starters don't just fail...😎

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Check the connection at the starter, and all grounds. Like I said, these starters don't just fail...😎
And the Starter related fuses/relays...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Even new batteries off the shelf can be bad, especially if they aren't high spec...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Yep, my money is on he's going to buy the $400 starter, do all of the massive work to get it out and the new one in, put it all back together, and it doesn't fix it. The first clue should be the lack of starter related posts on the forum, and the ones that are, it's always been something else, usually bad connection or batteries, like 98.7% of the time...l wish you luck though...😎

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Best suggestion (other than taking it to a shop), is to get an online service manual subscription from Mopar's Buy Mopar Approved Service Information and follow the factory diagnostics from a to z... :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, my money is on he's going to buy the $400 starter, do all of the massive work to get it out and the new one in, put it all back together, and it doesn't fix it. The first clue should be the lack of starter related posts on the forum, and the ones that are, it's always been something else, usually bad connection or batteries, like 98.7% of the time...l wish you luck though...😎
When your just trying to get an answer on where the starter is and people come in with all this stuff that I've already done. But ay people can't read I guess
Plus starter is 60 dollars at local shop so couldn't care about price.. 😎

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
When your just trying to get an answer on where the starter is and people come in with all this stuff that I've already done. But ay people can't read I guess
Wow. Change 'er up then. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Ah, didn't realize! Glad your friend is in such good hands! Have fun! 😏

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I mean I asked one thing told yall I checked the other but no one wanna give an actually answer to the real question. So idk seems like not much😐... Atl the only one that wants to give an answer. Appreciate the suggestion but an answer to the question would be much better

1 - 20 of 53 Posts