2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
What reprogramming was done? Replacing a battery does not require programming, it must have been some other programming that was needed by coincidence at the same time.
hopefully by now your battery is fully charged and all is working well. 馃槑

Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
Modern cars learn/adapt to the battery's age and power, they need to relearn when you put in a new battery...
Right , but the OP said reprogramming was done after they installed the new battery.
I replaced my own battery, didn鈥檛 connect any backup power while it was removed and didn鈥檛 have any faults or any issues , no programming needed.All has worked well with my batteries and charging system, my factory battery lasted longer then most and it鈥檚 not driven a lot. Wish I could say that about almost everything else in it.
So have others had to have programming done?
it must be a coincidence that the OP needed some other programming done when they took it in for the battery service. Relearning is one thing Reprogramming is another.
馃槑

Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
In another recent battery thread, OP had ESS 'Battery charging' going on and the dealership hooked up the battery to their GR8. OP posted a pic of the paperwork, where we clearly see that not only did they test the battery ('Good', although...), they also did a BCM reset, IBS reset and a proxy alignment... Why ? No idea... Over zealous tech ? New procedure ?

Thanks Mark I saw that post too, but the OP there also doesn鈥檛 say or show if he was charged (SCAMMED) for this service? That鈥檚 kind of what I鈥檓 wondering, if the dealers are marking up stuff like this to make money, or if like I said it was a coincidence they needed other updates. 馃槑

1 - 3 of 3 Posts