2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We own a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude and for the past months we have been having issues with the Start Stop not working . The message says “it’s not available “. We just bought the new AGM battery that is required for the car. The dealership reprogrammed everything. I drove out of the dealership and it seemed to be working and within 5 miles this light came on again ! What can the problem be if I changed the battery? I’m baffled. I thought it might take a few days to reprogram, but it is now a day later and it’s still happening.
thank you
Vehicle Gadget Font Material property Personal luxury car

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,784 Posts
I thought it might take a few days to reprogram, but it is now a day later and it’s still happening.
thank you
Do just that, give it about 3 days of driving.
If it still doesn't work bring it back to the dealer.
Or, get a better battery - the X2Power from Batteries+.:cool:

Reactions: perrymock

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
554 Posts
Agree with giving it a few days. It can take a few days for it to fully analyze the battery and make sure its topped off. Depending on how long it sat on the shelf, it might not have had a full charge when they put it in. Its not an uncommon problem for new batteries.

Reactions: Mark_ and AtlCade69

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
646 Posts
What reprogramming was done? Replacing a battery does not require programming, it must have been some other programming that was needed by coincidence at the same time.
hopefully by now your battery is fully charged and all is working well. 😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,784 Posts
What reprogramming was done? Replacing a battery does not require programming, it must have been some other programming that was needed by coincidence at the same time.
hopefully by now your battery is fully charged and all is working well. 😎
Modern cars learn/adapt to the battery's age and power, they need to relearn when you put in a new battery...

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
646 Posts
Modern cars learn/adapt to the battery's age and power, they need to relearn when you put in a new battery...
Right , but the OP said reprogramming was done after they installed the new battery.
I replaced my own battery, didn’t connect any backup power while it was removed and didn’t have any faults or any issues , no programming needed.All has worked well with my batteries and charging system, my factory battery lasted longer then most and it’s not driven a lot. Wish I could say that about almost everything else in it.
So have others had to have programming done?
it must be a coincidence that the OP needed some other programming done when they took it in for the battery service. Relearning is one thing Reprogramming is another.
😎

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Right , but the OP said reprogramming was done after they installed the new battery.
I replaced my own battery, didn’t connect any backup power while it was removed and didn’t have any faults or any issues , no programming needed.All has worked well with my batteries and charging system, my factory battery lasted longer then most and it’s not driven a lot. Wish I could say that about almost everything else in it.
So have others had to have programming done?
it must be a coincidence that the OP needed some other programming done when they took it in for the battery service. Relearning is one thing Reprogramming is another.
😎
In another recent battery thread, OP had ESS 'Battery charging' going on and the dealership hooked up the battery to their GR8. OP posted a pic of the paperwork, where we clearly see that not only did they test the battery ('Good', although...), they also did a BCM reset, IBS reset and a proxy alignment... Why ? No idea... Over zealous tech ? New procedure ?

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
646 Posts
In another recent battery thread, OP had ESS 'Battery charging' going on and the dealership hooked up the battery to their GR8. OP posted a pic of the paperwork, where we clearly see that not only did they test the battery ('Good', although...), they also did a BCM reset, IBS reset and a proxy alignment... Why ? No idea... Over zealous tech ? New procedure ?

Thanks Mark I saw that post too, but the OP there also doesn’t say or show if he was charged (SCAMMED) for this service? That’s kind of what I’m wondering, if the dealers are marking up stuff like this to make money, or if like I said it was a coincidence they needed other updates. 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts