2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Cherokee that was just in the dealership for repair after I hit a deer. Not bad damage, only had to replace the headlight, and bumper.
Now the drivers door will unlock / Lock without a key FOB near the vehicle. All other doors work with FOB away and near as intended. I thought my Jeep was just picking up the FOB from inside the house, so I had my wife drive my keys away from the house (1 mile) and the drivers door still function like I had a FOB in my pocket and all other doors did not work without the FOB.

Once inside the Jeep everything still functioned correctly and did not allow do anything with the vehicle without the FOB.
this is only a issue with the drivers door. I have a appointment with the dealership on Wed, but wanted to know if anyone has seen this issue before

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,267 Posts
I have a 2019 Cherokee that was just in the dealership for repair after I hit a deer. Not bad damage, only had to replace the headlight, and bumper.
Now the drivers door will unlock / Lock without a key FOB near the vehicle. All other doors work with FOB away and near as intended. I thought my Jeep was just picking up the FOB from inside the house, so I had my wife drive my keys away from the house (1 mile) and the drivers door still function like I had a FOB in my pocket and all other doors did not work without the FOB.

Once inside the Jeep everything still functioned correctly and did not allow do anything with the vehicle without the FOB.
this is only a issue with the drivers door. I have a appointment with the dealership on Wed, but wanted to know if anyone has seen this issue before
Hi MSGDickerson,
This is certainly an interesting case. Feel free to provide us with an update on your dealer visit, as we would be happy to offer additional support if needed.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts