2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day!! I have a 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus. I was taking my first road trip with the vehicle about 100 miles into the drive, I passed a truck and my hood started buffeting. After passing a couple more trucks with the hood buffeting, I pulled over to make sure my hood was latched properly, it was. So I get back on the road pass another truck and this time the engine auto shutoff error light came on. I pulled over shut the car off verified the hood was still latched, restarted and the system reset itself, but after passing another 5 trucks or so the light came back on(with the buffeting). The dealer adjusted the hood latch, said a sensor for the engine auto shutoff system is part in the hood latch system. It seemed to be better then yesterday the same thing. taking it back today, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Day!! I have a 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus. I was taking my first road trip with the vehicle about 100 miles into the drive, I passed a truck and my hood started buffeting. After passing a couple more trucks with the hood buffeting, I pulled over to make sure my hood was latched properly, it was. So I get back on the road pass another truck and this time the engine auto shutoff error light came on. I pulled over shut the car off verified the hood was still latched, restarted and the system reset itself, but after passing another 5 trucks or so the light came back on(with the buffeting). The dealer adjusted the hood latch, said a sensor for the engine auto shutoff system is part in the hood latch system. It seemed to be better then yesterday the same thing. taking it back today, but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
Yep, same issue with my 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite since the hood is not steel, its plastic and very flimsy. I had 4 dealers check it out on my 4K mile road since it freaked me out when passing a big semi truck on 2 lane highways and the hood would move up and down and flapping. No cure, no answers besides some adjustment of the big black plastic screws. I put round velcro on top of the adjustment screws and made sure the hood was down all the way with a hard slam. That helped out so much. What about the no locking gas door or no locking gas cop option.... It sucks
carl

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
^^^Hood has always been aluminum on the KL Cherokee, no plastic.^^^

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
559 Posts
^^^Hood has always been aluminum on the KL Cherokee, no plastic.^^^
Agreed, definitely aluminum!!! Not plastic!!! And yes, it's not much thicker than a beer can...LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts