2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, I am trying to install an aftermarket Curt trailer hitch and having trouble removing the rear fascia. The instructions say to remove the 4 bolts which is easy. The next step in removing the "clips" is troublesome. Does anyone have a video or some direction on removing the clips.
Thank you

· Registered
1 Posts
Good morning, I am trying to install an aftermarket Curt trailer hitch and having trouble removing the rear fascia. The instructions say to remove the 4 bolts which is easy. The next step in removing the "clips" is troublesome. Does anyone have a video or some direction on removing the clips.
Thank you
Did you ever find out how to get it off? I have the same issue

· Registered
1 Posts

The above instructions come with the hitch and bezel. They do not include very good instructions though. You should follow the pictures the best you can. Keep in mind that the whole back bumper will call off. On step 2, the trim above the back tires will need to be removed. Pinch the clips and pry the back one first, then work forward. Remove the bolts as indicated in the instructions and it should be clear from there.

· Registered
278 Posts
When I had to remove my rear bumper cover to install the OEM hitch on my 2019, the clips were the little white square ones. If I recall correctly, I had to pinch the back side of them and they popped out. Wasn't too difficult because I remember not breaking any of the clips. The PITA part of removing the bumper cover was the fake exhaust tips. They were riveted from the factory through the tips, through the bumper cover and through a metal support tab that goes to the unibody structure to support the bottom end. There were two rivets per tip. I had to drill those out and I replaced them with stainless bolts/lock washers since I did not have any rivets that size. All in all the job was not too difficult.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.