2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 2019 jeep Cherokee Limited from Hertz rental car. No problems, everything has been going great until a week ago. I noticed that the driver side floor board was soaked in water. I have not driven through any large puddles. The jeep is kept in a garage. And obviously I have not left my windows down during any rain storm. There is no sunroof. I have read many different jeep forms about different fixes To this apparent problem on many jeeps, however I cannot find one that applies to 2019. I cannot figure out if this is an AC condensation leak, or if it is a leak through the roof rack dripping down into the floor. I’m at a loss. I have scheduled a appointment at the dealer tomorrow but I’m not very hopeful that they will be much help. Any ideas?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know this might sound crazy, but take a smell of the water. If its really stank then you will know its been in there for quite some time. They might have washed the inside and left water behind; tipped over a bucket, etc. Hopefully its just a simple thing! Good Luck! And welcome aboard with your 2019 Limited!
I re-read your post, did you happen to notice there was water or maybe it has been there all along and you were cleaning the floormats?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this might sound crazy, but take a smell of the water. If its really stank then you will know its been in there for quite some time. They might have washed the inside and left water behind; tipped over a bucket, etc. Hopefully its just a simple thing! Good Luck! And welcome aboard with your 2019 Limited!
I re-read your post, did you happen to notice there was water or maybe it has been there all along and you were cleaning the floormats?
Thank you for the reply Dave!

so hopefully some good news for you today. I took it up to the dealership, and since it was not under warranty (39k miles just out of warranty) they recommended me to a light collision bodyshop here in Oklahoma City called ColorTech. Apparently this body shop has fixed this issue regularly on many different Jeep models. So I took it to them yesterday and they ran tests using water. They removed the roof rails and filled those cavities with water to see if that was the issue, and that was not the issue even though according to my test I thought that the water was leaking in through the roof rails. However they continued to do tests and found that there was a slight crack in the seal in the driver side windshield. So they removed the windshield and resealed it. I’m supposed to pick it up today, I will let you know what it cost In another post. But, I think this is pretty good information since I have been seeing a lot of similar post about leaking jeeps and having water in the floorboards. May not all be the same reasons like you said, could be an accident whenever the Jeep has been cleaned (spilled bucket). Praying that these body shop guys have made the right diagnosis and implemented the proper solution. We are supposed to get a lot of rain this week so we will see.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice! Glad to see you got it resolved. I never had a chance for leaking water through the windshield myself, because on my 50 mile drive home after buying mine, a rock hit the windshield and was deemed non-fixable. So far thats my streak of bad luck with the jeep. Hopefully your bad luck ends here too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah man, thats a bummer! Well glad to hear no leaks...the cost was $185 to repair (didn't use my insurance), so I'll keep yall updated if the solution does not work. Hopefully we are in the clear.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,389 Posts
Ah man, thats a bummer! Well glad to hear no leaks...the cost was $185 to repair (didn't use my insurance), so I'll keep yall updated if the solution does not work. Hopefully we are in the clear.
Hi there, we are happy to hear that your concern has been resolved. Please know that in the future, our team would be happy to assist alongside a dealer appointment in order to address any vehicle concerns you may have. We are only a private message away!

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 6 of 6 Posts