2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus Altitude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve seen a few posts on here about front end noise but haven’t gotten an answer. Purchased a pre-owned 19 Cherokee V6 with 34K and I’ve noticed when turning and on bumps, and sometimes when applying the brakes…the front end seems to make some creaking noises. It’s kind of hit or miss and before I take it to the dealership, I figured I’d see if anyone has had the same issues and what the fix would be. Unfortunately don’t have any audio on it. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've got a 21 and it makes a light creaking/grinding noise when I turn the steering wheel. I'm going to have them look at it on my next oil change. It doesn't sound like it's the same as yours tho. I can hear the creak when I'm moving or when I'm stationary only when turning the steering wheel. You can only hear it at low speeds because it's not very loud.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus Altitude
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got a 21 and it makes a light creaking/grinding noise when I turn the steering wheel. I'm going to have them look at it on my next oil change. It doesn't sound like it's the same as yours tho. I can hear the creak when I'm moving or when I'm stationary only when turning the steering wheel. You can only hear it at low speeds because it's not very loud.
I’ve noticed it for a few days now but today it seemed later when turning into my driveway which is on an incline. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer I got it from. I already had to bring it back a few days after I purchased it for a full pad and rotor brake job which they paid for since they told me when I bought it that it was just “surface rust making the wheel vibrate” so I’m sure they missed other things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts