2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this vehicle since Feb of 2019 and use CarPlay daily. Over time I've had a few instances where I'd plug the phone in and the system wouldn't recognize it, so I would have to unplug and replug and it would work fine.

Until a few weeks ago when I plugged it in and the device started charging as normal, but on the CarPlay tab, it said something like 'device not recognized.' I tried a few different official Apple cables and nothing changed. So I decided to go into CarPlay on my iPhone (latest iPhone and latest iOS update) and remove my Jeep to re-add it and see if that would fix it. Only problem is, ever since then, I cannot re-add my vehicle.

When I go to CarPlay on my iPhone, the loading wheel constantly spins but my car never pops up. I know it's not the cable because despite this, my phone charges and I can play music through the USB function of the car.

I tried contacting UConnect support but they were useless. They told me to go to the dealer.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks I could try prior to doing that?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
Forget the Bluetooth pairing on your iPhone.
Forget your iPhone on the uConnect.
Make sure you have Siri enabled on your iPhone.

Make sure the data/charging port on your iPhone doesn't have any lint or dust in it, try canned air to clean it out.

Now, try adding your iPhone back to uConnect.

Also make sure you don't have any strange characters in your Contacts, these can make CarPlay (and AAuto) wonk out...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input, but unfortunately I tried all of that to no avail. Worked perfectly for three years and then the week after I bought out the lease, this happens!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I did. I normally use the port right under the display so I tried the one in the center console. And different cables. Same result.

I appreciate the feedback as I am hoping that there is something obvious I missed or something else I could do.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
Having moved to the dark side (Android/Samsung), I don't follow this as much, but apparently a lot of people are complaining about CarPlay issues since iOS 15 rolled out, so you may want to attack from that side: Google "Apple carplay not working 2022 iOS 15", there are a lot of threads out there, one of them may lead you to a solution...

Reactions: sothatsprettyneat

·
Registered
538 Posts
You may have tried this, but try completing all of these steps in this order:
  1. Delete all Uconnect references in your iphone. From Car Play section and bluetooth.
  2. Delete all phone references in Uconnect.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Use an Apple MFI certified cable. If you don't have one get one.
  5. Connect your iPhone to the Uconnect system.
  6. Follow the instructions on the phone and the Uconnect screen to finish connecting.
  7. If the above fails, Pull the Radio Fuse (F80) for one minute, and repeat the above.

This worked when Carplay failed on my Wife's Pacifica.... same Uconnect 4 system.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may have tried this, but try completing all of these steps in this order:
  1. Delete all Uconnect references in your iphone. From Car Play section and bluetooth.
  2. Delete all phone references in Uconnect.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Use an Apple MFI certified cable. If you don't have one get one.
  5. Connect your iPhone to the Uconnect system.
  6. Follow the instructions on the phone and the Uconnect screen to finish connecting.
  7. If the above fails, Pull the Radio Fuse (F80) for one minute, and repeat the above.

This worked when Carplay failed on my Wife's Pacifica.... same Uconnect 4 system.
I finally got around to trying number 7 above and, unfortunately, that did not work.

I guess the dealership is the next stop for me.

Thanks, all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this vehicle since Feb of 2019 and use CarPlay daily. Over time I've had a few instances where I'd plug the phone in and the system wouldn't recognize it, so I would have to unplug and replug and it would work fine.

Until a few weeks ago when I plugged it in and the device started charging as normal, but on the CarPlay tab, it said something like 'device not recognized.' I tried a few different official Apple cables and nothing changed. So I decided to go into CarPlay on my iPhone (latest iPhone and latest iOS update) and remove my Jeep to re-add it and see if that would fix it. Only problem is, ever since then, I cannot re-add my vehicle.

When I go to CarPlay on my iPhone, the loading wheel constantly spins but my car never pops up. I know it's not the cable because despite this, my phone charges and I can play music through the USB function of the car.

I tried contacting UConnect support but they were useless. They told me to go to the dealer.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks I could try prior to doing that?

Thank you in advance.
Interesting! Same thing! I spoke to someone from leasing company and told them my intent to buy out my Jeep and then the CarPlay stopped working.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts