Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,254 Posts
Reactions: NScherry

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the quick reply @AtlCade69 . Something else I just thought of though; is it 2 ohm or 4? Got my eye on a Rockford shallow mount 150W.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Reactions: NScherry

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Perfect! What I thought. The RF is 8", 2ohms to each coil, 2.5" depth, 150W RMS. Thanks again @AtlCade69 !

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ordered an 8" Alpine dvc 2 ohm instead. Should have it in 7-10 days. Will post the results...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, after a long wait on shipping, finally received my 8" Alpine sub. Install was two hours, not as bad as I anticipated. The factory "sub" is a paper cone and fairly light weight. I have not had a chance to push it yet, but my initial reaction at lower volumes is that this Alpine produces nice clean bass. A nice crisp thump versus the "clunk" from the factory unit.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bag Bumper Hood
Automotive tire Product Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Well, after a long wait on shipping, finally received my 8" Alpine sub. Install was two hours, not as bad as I anticipated. The factory "sub" is a paper cone and fairly light weight. I have not had a chance to push it yet, but my initial reaction at lower volumes is that this Alpine produces nice clean bass. A nice crisp thump versus the "clunk" from the factory unit.
How well did the Type S fit in the factory enclosure, did you need to modify it or any thing else to fit it?

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How well did the Type S fit in the factory enclosure, did you need to modify it or any thing else to fit it?
Dropped right in. Only thing I had to do was drill new holes for the Alpine flange, cut off the factory plug in adaptors and tin the wire ends, plug the hole in the box where the factory uses a torx screw that threads into the factory sub. I could have modified the Alpine to take the support screw, but felt it was unnecessary, we'll see, LoL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have taken apart the back of my 2021 Limited more times than I can count replacing the pillar speakers and the sub. I can literally do it in less than a half hour now. I swapped the factory sub for a JL 8W3v3 powered by a Kicker mono amp and it sounded pretty good using the factory enclosure. It just lacked the deep "boom" of the lowest bass. I listen to mostly country and rock, but every once in a while I really want to play something that hits. I finally just ditched the factory location and built a custom box for two JL 8W3v3s wired at 2 ohms. It fits in the spare tire well while still making the spare accessible. I just had to raise the floor up 3/4in. Finally, everything sounds great after battling the stock sub and its location for months.
Vehicle Hood Car Trunk Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting

21 - 29 of 29 Posts