2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted replacement of the factory sub (9 speaker premium sound) on a 2019-2021, that could tell me the procedure to access it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, he does have a point

May be better off installing a low profile all in one subwoofer enclosure under the seat to save some room. From my experience in previous cars, just swapping out the subwoofer wont do much. It will likely be underpowered as the stock sound system wattage (and the speakers) are pretty underpowered
I don't really consider 500 W Alpine system as "underpowered"?

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or you just read the thread I posted from 6 years ago. The alpine system is fine, the speakers are the issue, replace them and and system is quite good
Totally agree. All the power I need, and now I have the best sounding system I've ever experienced in the nine Jeeps I've owned over the years.

Reactions: Tyler-98-W68

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not necessarily looking for more bass, just cleaner sound, which is what I accomplished with replacing the 8 factory speakers.

Reactions: Tyler-98-W68

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is the factory sub in our 2019-2021's dual or single voice coil? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for the quick reply @AtlCade69 . Something else I just thought of though; is it 2 ohm or 4? Got my eye on a Rockford shallow mount 150W.

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Perfect! What I thought. The RF is 8", 2ohms to each coil, 2.5" depth, 150W RMS. Thanks again @AtlCade69 !

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ordered an 8" Alpine dvc 2 ohm instead. Should have it in 7-10 days. Will post the results...

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, after a long wait on shipping, finally received my 8" Alpine sub. Install was two hours, not as bad as I anticipated. The factory "sub" is a paper cone and fairly light weight. I have not had a chance to push it yet, but my initial reaction at lower volumes is that this Alpine produces nice clean bass. A nice crisp thump versus the "clunk" from the factory unit.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bag Bumper Hood
Automotive tire Product Automotive design Motor vehicle Tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive wheel system

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How well did the Type S fit in the factory enclosure, did you need to modify it or any thing else to fit it?
Dropped right in. Only thing I had to do was drill new holes for the Alpine flange, cut off the factory plug in adaptors and tin the wire ends, plug the hole in the box where the factory uses a torx screw that threads into the factory sub. I could have modified the Alpine to take the support screw, but felt it was unnecessary, we'll see, LoL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.