2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem. Since the design on the 2018 lights is exactly the same, they replaced the inners and outers with the 2018 version of the lights. No problems after multiple car washes and rainstorms.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a pre owned 2019 about 2 month this ago, it was used about 8 months prior to my purchase, I have had condensation in one back taillight since the purchase..Rhey did replace inner and outer light once, and was told that it is an issue, and Chrysler will allow one replacement..If it continues, which mine has never cleared up, too bad for me...This, after I looked it up has been going on for some time, but was NEVER told about the issue before my purchase...

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I had the same problem. Since the design on the 2018 lights is exactly the same, they replaced the inners and outers with the 2018 version of the lights. No problems after multiple car washes and rainstorms.

I have a 2018, and a 2019. They are different.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Condensation happens, if you don't want condensation then the light housing needs to be hermetically sealed.
There is usually a breather but if it gets overwhelmed with high humidity and a change to cold weather then all bets are off.
Incandescent bulbs will get warm enough to evaporated the moisture, eventually.
LEDs not so much.
The projector headlights on my 2014 TH get condensation when the atmospheric conditions are right.
The halogen bulbs dry them out eventually.
My Hella 500FF driving lights are not hermetically sealed either but they get toasty warm and melt ice.
Unfortunately I think condensation is the new "normal".
Looks bad but probably does not impair light output.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys new here, decided to join because I had the same issue with my tail lights

This a 2019 Cherokee, hope the service will honor the warranty, have you had to cite any active replacement programs? or is it just luck ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey guys new here, decided to join because I had the same issue with my tail lights

This a 2019 Cherokee, hope the service will honor the warranty, have you had to cite any active replacement programs? or is it just luck ?

I can tell you from experience that you need to have this addressed. Mine was taken care of under warranty. The dealership had to order the new lens, but it did fix the issue.

The biggest issue involved with the moisture is that apparently the tail light is on the same circuit as the interior map and dome lights. I took my 2019 in several times to fix the lighting issue and within a week the lights were out again. Each time all they did was replace the 10 amp fuse which apparently blows due to a short.

They finally figured it out and replaced the tail light lenses and all seems to be fine now.
Good luck.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks I schedule service for the 25th hope they wont give me grief and just replace it , I had the 10k km servixe just last may

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fed, mine were bad like yours. My dealer just wanted pics of it when it was bad. I complied, they replaced; I’ve had no problems since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quick Update, service center replaced the light in question plus the one next to it, that had some condensation too, no much problems 20 minutes fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was able to get the dealership to replace all of the tail lights (inner and outer both sides). I had to either bring the Cherokee in with condensation so they could see it or take photos.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
552 Posts
I went to the dealer and they refused to replace it since the condensation goes away after a certain period of time.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts