2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
No condensation in my rear lights, and just a small amount of fog in the left-front light assembly below the turn-signal light. Not enough to worry about yet, but I'll keep an eye on it. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes. Left rear tail light had condensation when I initially went to pick it up at the dealer. Salesman thought it wasn't a big deal but I insisted this wasn't right and it was replaced, under warranty. No problems since.

·
Registered
59 Posts
When I made my stop at the post office today I noticed this exact issue. Already getting the headlights replaced; now probably gonna need the tails as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
821 Posts
From what I've read it's normal it's not a sealed system, it will go away when they heat up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Never happened on my '19! Received it in late June.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Just checked my wife's '19 and the right inside one has significant condensation. It's a fairly early build. It hasn't been washed recently and it hasn't rained in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
The tail lights in the 2019 are terrible. I have had all the tail lights replaced once or twice, I lost track as it has been in 3 times. I am now waiting on 4 new lights as they are worse now then the originals. Frustrating for sure when you purchase a new vehicle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wonder if Jeep customer care reads this and is solving this issue with Jeep? Can you guys develop a condensation free tailoght deaign? Already replaced mine and like others, they are worse

·
Registered
5 Posts
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited with condensation in the tail lights (3 out of 4)

I have 2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited. I live in SoCal and barely have rain here. Found condensation in the tail light after the rain. A week later, I also found out the condensation issue happened after the car wash too.

***Make Sure You Take a Picture.***
I showed the dealer the picture when I took my car back for the second recall parts replacement, and the service guy looked the pic and told me this shouldn't happened. They ordered the lights for me and will replace it under the warranty.

Be honest to you, I'm not sure if this is the light problem or the sealing problem.....I love my Cherokee bt it's not even 2019 yet....

·
Registered
5 Posts
CALL: 1800-992-1997
This is Chrysler Customer Service number, make sure the corporation have your car on file. They will provide you a reference number for follow up.

What dealer can do is keep replacing the new fixture. I have only 3,000-3,500 miles. Now, all (four) the tail lights got the condensation.
2 of them were replaced but the condensation problem still happening next day. I brought back my car to show dealer next day and and they told me they will replace them again.

I was told as least have you car VIN on file, so Corporation will be aware the problem and may help you with that if anything happen for the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought my Cherokee in May, after a wash I do get condensation but always disappears.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2014 KL and had condensation in almost all of the light housings when I purchased it new. Apparently it's normal dating back to the 2014s

·
Registered
59 Posts
CALL: 1800-992-1997
This is Chrysler Customer Service number, make sure the corporation have your car on file. They will provide you a reference number for follow up.

What dealer can do is keep replacing the new fixture. I have only 3,000-3,500 miles. Now, all (four) the tail lights got the condensation.
2 of them were replaced but the condensation problem still happening next day. I brought back my car to show dealer next day and and they told me they will replace them again.

I was told as least have you car VIN on file, so Corporation will be aware the problem and may help you with that if anything happen for the future.
Great information; gonna give them a call today to let them know I have the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tail light condensation 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk

Had issues w the first one having condensation on the inside ( hatch) talights. Outters are fine. The new is having the same issue. GRRR!

Anyone else w a 19 having this issue?
I've had mine about 2 weeks, 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. Gave it a very quick wash at home today, noticed condensation in both hatch tail lights and the driver's side tail light on body.

Guess I will take it in, ugh!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I've had mine about 2 weeks, 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk. Gave it a very quick wash at home today, noticed condensation in both hatch tail lights and the driver's side tail light on body.

Guess I will take it in, ugh!
Note that some condensation is actually considered "normal" but only if it clears quickly. A car wash can create condensation that will disappear quickly usually. If it's still there in a day or two then take it in for sure.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Note that some condensation is actually considered "normal" but only if it clears quickly. A car wash can create condensation that will disappear quickly usually. If it's still there in a day or two then take it in for sure.
When I picked up my '19 the dealer had washed it, and it had a little condensation in one tail light. It did clear up in a matter of minutes when the lights were turned on, and I have not seen any since.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts