2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had issues w the first one having condensation on the inside ( hatch) talights. Outters are fine. The new is having the same issue. GRRR!

Anyone else w a 19 having this issue?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dumb question. Got the Jeep @ a further dealer from my house. Can I go to a closer dealer to get the tailights done even tho I didnt get it from them?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Dumb question. Got the Jeep @ a further dealer from my house. Can I go to a closer dealer to get the tailights done even tho I didnt get it from them?
Correct, any dealer will do warranty work regardless if you bought it from them or not.

Reactions: XJ99

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Correct, any dealer will do warranty work regardless if you bought it from them or not.
This is to include any Mopar dealer, not just Jeep. If my Jeep dealer is to backed up I can take it to the Dodge dealer.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I haven't noticed, but will pay attention after the next

brush-less wash!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea check it out. Can this be a recall? The first Cherokee I had for two days was a problem as well. Contacted the dealer of course again. Said hes gonna order two lights.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Yea check it out. Can this be a recall? The first Cherokee I had for two days was a problem as well. Contacted the dealer of course again. Said hes gonna order two lights.
No it won't be a recall - it's not a safety issue

Just show it to the dealer, and they will order in new lights for you, and then you just carry on with your day.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like I need to take the power washer to mine this weekend, see if mine does it too.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Just got back from a car wash...

Not sure if build date has anything to do with it. (02-18)

Oh well, looks like I'll be calling the dealer...

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
No it won't be a recall - it's not a safety issue

Just show it to the dealer, and they will order in new lights for you, and then you just carry on with your day.

Have you had any issues with the new lights, or are
you still waiting on them? Never mind, just saw post #2 !!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll have to watch this...haven't noticed it yet.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I have them now.

I've washed it a couple of times, with no issues.

My original lights were much worse than yours - about half the lens was covered with moisture inside.

I never looked at them after a car wash, (until now) plus it's garage kept.

We get a lot of heavy thunderstorms here, so I'm probably going to be
prone to the moisture issue. I'll keep an eye on them for now.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts