2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ebay today I saw the passenger side lower seat frame with power seat motors included. The donor vehicle was a 2018 Cherokee Overland. Does anyone know if a 2018 Trailhawk would have the wiring alread in place to swap the manual passenger seat to power without having to run wiring?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Find a Cherokee with power passenger seat and identify the wiring harness under the seat.
Then see if your Cherokee has the same harness that is not connected to anything.
Maybe somebody on this forum could check their Cherokee and post the answer.
In the mean time look under your seat and see if there are any harnesses with connectors on the end that are not connected to anything.
You don't seem to be getting many replies so this is my desperation answer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite; it has driver and front passenger power seats. The wiring harness MAY only be part of the challenge. With the many computers, signal busses and fault monitoring systems, it may also be required to reprogram a computer to recognize the passenger power seat and install a specific fuse. Perhaps it's just power from the harness - given the local switches - but that's not at all clear.

Good luck.

Desert Hiker

1 - 3 of 3 Posts