2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this guy yesterday and I’m working on a punch list of upgrades, where do I start?! Let’s make a community build!! Im thinking of starting with:
Gobi roof rack and ladder

seicane headunit
9.7 inch HD Touch Screen 2016 2017 2018 Jeep Cherokee Android 9.1 Radio GPS Navigation Bluetooth Music USB WIFI Audio system Support DVR OBD2 TPMS Digital TV

And the brightest head and fog bulbs I can buy.
I broke the rear coil springs twice in my pathfinder so I’ll probably be looking at suspension as well

thanks!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Number 1: replace the battery with a X2Power AGM battery from Batteries and Bulbs.
Might be able to replace the headlight bulbs with HID. No matter what you do projector lights are worthless (in my opinion).
There are many posts on this forum for light upgrades.
I think you can install the Wrangler fog light housings and brighter bulbs.
What kind of upgrades are you looking for: sound systems, racing tires, body decorations, etc?
Bilsteins struts and shocks are a great upgrade but they are on back order from God.
This is my light upgrade: Driving lights
Since you don't have a Trailhawk the bracket mounting may need to be different.
You can use any kind of lights you want. 100W halogens work great. Need to use heavier duty relays and wires than what I used.
The backup lights are pretty much useless. I plug a "BLAZER" into the 7-pin trailer receptacle, 55W halogen works great.
Keep us posted on what you do, we are always looking for more ideas.
Post pictures or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.
Number 1: replace the battery with a X2Power AGM battery from Batteries and Bulbs.
Might be able to replace the headlight bulbs with HID. No matter what you do projector lights are worthless (in my opinion).
There are many posts on this forum for light upgrades.
I think you can install the Wrangler fog light housings and brighter bulbs.
What kind of upgrades are you looking for: sound systems, racing tires, body decorations, etc?
Bilsteins struts and shocks are a great upgrade but they are on back order from God.
This is my light upgrade: Driving lights
Since you don't have a Trailhawk the bracket mounting may need to be different.
You can use any kind of lights you want. 100W halogens work great. Need to use heavier duty relays and wires than what I used.
The backup lights are pretty much useless. I plug a "BLAZER" into the 7-pin trailer receptacle, 55W halogen works great.
Keep us posted on what you do, we are always looking for more ideas.
Post pictures or it didn't happen.
My guy that’s an awesome list. So besides the roof rack, I’ve also been eyeing a brush guard skid plate combo, definitely nothing with the sound system, I’d love CarPlay but that’s the extent of it. And I’ve been pricing some new AT tires to start anyway, then look into a 2” lift also

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
After trying several different brands of AT tires I have settled on Firestone Destination AT 235/70R17XL tires.
Slightly narrower than stock and give 1/4 inch of lift and are stronger than non XL tires.
Doesn't adversely affect the gearing or speedometer display.
I go off road with my 2014 V6 Trailhawk with Mopar rock rails.
I have destroyed skid plates and put dents and scratches in the rock rails.
Not to mention pin striping the paint on brush and brambles.
Since you don't have a rear locker and off road suspension you should probably limit your off road adventures to rocky roads.
See if you can go where you need to go without a lift. A TH is a really good compromise between highway handling and off road capability.
So far I haven't seen any need for a brush guard, probably gives less approach angle. It just looks "tough".
I did go with a rear bamboo bumper since I keep backing up into trees and and putting dents in the rear hatch. Note my avatar.
It looks like you are trying to stay clean, going off road will definitely mess with your pretty Jeep. Tends to put scratches in those pretty black wheels also.
If you live anywhere near Carlisle, PA go to the PA Jeeps show July 24 and 25, 2021. They will have an off road obstacle course all the way from stock Jeep to Wranglers with 33 inch tires. There will be every kind of Jeep known to mankind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know specifics of the “high altitude” trim? It’s kind of obscure I’m gathering it’s blacked out accents but I’m not seeing a lot online?

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
909 Posts
Does anyone know specifics of the “high altitude” trim? It’s kind of obscure I’m gathering it’s blacked out accents but I’m not seeing a lot online?
You got it, Black instead of Silver/Chrome... 'High Altitude' is not a separate trim on the Cherokee, it is a edition/package/option...
Below is an example from one (other options may vary from vin to vin), the yellow highlights are the package and its components...

edit - missed one, not in the same grouping...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You got it, Black instead of Silver/Chrome... 'High Altitude' is not a separate trim on the Cherokee, it is a edition/package/option...
Below is an example from one (other options may vary from vin to vin), the yellow highlights are the package and its components...
View attachment 214940
edit - missed one, not in the same grouping...
View attachment 214941
That’s very comprehensive I appreciate ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts