2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 2.4L V4 4-cyl Engine. Over a year ago I noticed water dripping onto my passenger floor through the center middle counsel (where the radio is). It’s been more musty then usual, so i decided to replace my cabin air filter. When i took the filter out, water started pouring out of the slot. The filter was caked in black mold, and had soaked up a lot of water (felt like a sponge when i took it out). I dried the slot out and ran the AC on max, and saw that water was dripping into the slot. I believe there is a hole in my condensation line. Has anyone else had this issue? Took it to my usual body shop, and they couldn’t figure it out. will be taking to dealer next month so they can look at it. I included some pictures since it won’t let me put the videos on here. (note 1: the photos are numbered in the order of 1: opening slot water pouring out, 2: pulling filter out with water pouring out, 3: the nasty moldy sopping-wet filter, 4: the inside of the cabin air filter slot) (note 2: i poured a bottle of water on my windsheild, after i dried out the cabin air filter slot and none of it went inside. so it is not related to any sealant on my windshield).
Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Door

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

Wood Gas Composite material Rectangle Bumper

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

· Registered
4,626 Posts
Check for body sheet metal seam welds, sometimes they don't get sealed properly at the factory.
Check with your Jeep dealer and see if there is a TSB for your issue.
This is a new one to me. Check if rodents have caused any damage.

· Registered
651 Posts
Yep it seems the ac drain line clogs easily on our Cherokee's maybe due to the corrugated design of it. Over the years on my 2014 I have had to unclog mine twice. I can always tell based on when not much water is dripping but ac has been running a lot. I use low pressure compressed air and a thin long zip tie to run up the drain to clear the crud. Typically crud just starts flowing out with the excess water. Never gotten that bad to overflow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts