2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like your dealer, I always get the operating as designed bull crap story. I'm due for an oil service and will certainly push for a new trans. I'm getting real close to 6 years, and certain the dealer will state they have never heard about Jeep extending the trans warranty to 6 years. Thanks for the info, I will use it.

Reactions: JeepKL

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve worked in the plant that made them, they should all be recalled. Some were sent out knowing that they were bad, or would fail, because FCA wanted them ASAP. That’s the story we got at the plant anyway. They have a test facility, and they do some programming changes and test drive, over and over.
The green fluid is some wicked stuff too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeep has extended the warranty on trans to 6 years. If your Transmission is shifting like this push for a replacement.

Hello.
I'm on a 2014 3.2L Trailhawk in Japan. I can't speak English, so the video doesn't show the problem. Could you please list the problems in bullet points?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello.
I'm on a 2014 3.2L Trailhawk in Japan. I can't speak English, so the video doesn't show the problem. Could you please list the problems in bullet points?
Problem is delayed kickdown shifts starting from slow speeds. 3-1 shifts, skipping 2nd gear. Very rough shifting especially 2-3 shift.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Problem is delayed kickdown shifts starting from slow speeds. 3-1 shifts, skipping 2nd gear. Very rough shifting especially 2-3 shift.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine is under on time but over on mileage. Ugh!

-BobC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello.
Thank you very much.
It seems that the extended warranty is only in the United States.
Check with your Japanese dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts