2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 Trailhawk engine light was diagnosed by the dealer as a fuel filler neck emission leak. Dealer wants to replace the fuel filler neck and supposedly they ordered one, but I haven't hear back from them in months. I replaced the gas cap and the light went out for about a month. Now it's back on. I hate replacing parts, when something can easily be fixed, rather than be replaced. My Jeep is in pristine condition and I find it hard to believe the leak is any more than a rubber hose leak or clamp replacement. Where can I find a breakdown for how to access and remove the fuel filler neck? I'd like to examine the parts myself, before replacing them, but would like to find the proper process for removing it, before I take that on myself. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

Any input will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably buy a Hayne's Repair Manual, inexpensive and you should have it in a couple days.
Check and see if there is a You Tube video.
Thanks for that thought. I'm actually looking at them right now. They always seem to leave you wondering if the "Trailhawk" is included in the Cherokee manuals. For $35 I may just go ahead and order one and see what it offers.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,458 Posts
The Hayne's manual covers the 3.2 L and Tigershark engines from 2014 to 2018, all trim levels.
The Haynes current printing includes 2019 as well as the 2.0 turbo (mine is the updated version)...

Reactions: Everet and sanghill
1 - 6 of 6 Posts