2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive design Car Plant Gauge
Vehicle Automotive design Car Plant Gauge

2015 trail hawk. 3.2 auto. I have this on my dash and the fuel gauge doesn’t work and the range display is not correct? Are there and resets or something I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,953 Posts
Well, that's a new one...😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Or... old school. Ignore the error message. Fill up to the first click every 250 miles.
Use the trip odometer as a reminder.
It is good to always keep about 1/4 tank of fuel minimum in the tank to cool the fuel pump.
Use the money you save to buy gas, seems to be really expensive.
Back in the good ole days if I had to pay more than 30 cents a gallon it was highway robbery.

If you really do get it fixed it would be really interesting to know how you did it.

·
Registered
2015 AD2 Latitude, 3.2
578 Posts
Ya

that’s what I was afraid it would be. I’ll have to drop the tank and replace the sending unit in the tank. Thanks.
According to the Haynes service manual you can access the fuel pump module(s) by removing the rear seat cushions. Also according to the manual AWD models have a saddle type fuel tank with a primary and secondary fuel pump module, the whole module has to be replaced as a unit if a problem exists.
The screwy thing is it says both units contain a fuel sending unit, so I’m guessing you will have to test each one to see what’s bad.
it says the primary module is in the right side of the tank, secondary is left side and can also be called auxiliary fuel pump module.
good luck hope it helps some.
Edit as AtlCade69 says below only the secondary fuel pump module has a fuel Level sending unit. So the secondary should be the one to look at. 😎

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
Slight distinction, from Haynes, the secondary unit is the only one that has a fuel level sending unit, both have a fuel sending unit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks
According to the Haynes service manual you can access the fuel pump module(s) by removing the rear seat cushions. Also according to the manual AWD models have a saddle type fuel tank with a primary and secondary fuel pump module, the whole module has to be replaced as a unit if a problem exists.
The screwy thing is it says both units contain a fuel sending unit, so I’m guessing you will have to test each one to see what’s bad.
it says the primary module is in the right side of the tank, secondary is left side and can also be called auxiliary fuel pump module.
Edit as AtlCade69 says below only the secondary fuel pump module has a fuel Level sending unit. So the secondary should be the one to look at. 😎
!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I
replaced the one on the passenger side and still not working. All grounds are good. Wiring looks good and connected. Should I replace the on on the drivers side?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts