2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my Jeep yesterday and the battery is DEAD DEAD! I tried jumper cables from my Tundra, still nothing. Wont crank over. I hooked up a battery back jumper and it started. Well it died soon after so we were done for the night. I went this morning and now the key wont even unlock (no power at all). How do I unlock the door. I have the plastic key fob but that doesnt fit in the door lock, not even close. How can I open the door to unlatch the hood or get some power to the battery to unlock the door. This thing is locked up like a fort. Ughhhhh

·
Registered
9,422 Posts
Hi there and welcome to the forum :)
Sorry to hear about the dead battery trouble.

First things first : there is a physical key inside the big fob. There is a slider button at the bottom : slide and pull on the bottom part, a key will show up.

Now tell us more about your Jeep : model year, trim, engine, mileage. Thx.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to Jeeps and picked up one for around 17k (30k miles which is a lot but I just couldn't resist since I'm upgrading from a 2001 Honda CRV).
Any information would be helpful, don't my fair share of reading reviews and watching YouTube but would like to hear some personal experience with these. I don't plant to "off road" but rather just commute.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts