2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone is able to help me. I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee that when in ACC mode everything works perfect however when I start it after about 30 seconds, "Battery Saver Mode" displays then the Radio volume goes to 0, Heated seats and steering stops working and the outlet at the back goes as well. The screen still works however if you try to turn to volume up it does not go up. I tried upgrading Uconnect and that just made things worst. Now at certain times the screen does not go off after turning the car off. I tired changing the batter but that didn't help. Got the following error when we ran a diagnostic. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'd appreciate some help.

U01B0-87- Lost Communication with Battery Monitor Module- Missing Message
U1008-67- LIN 1 BUS- Signal incorrect after event

·
Registered
2 Posts
Battery Saver mode

Hi,
Exactly the same happened to me recently with my 2015 Cherokee. After a 20 mile trip & leaving the car for a few hours everything returned to normal. Since then all is ok but I am reluctant to put the front & rear demisters & the heated seats on at the same time in case the same happens again

·
Registered
483 Posts
How old is your battery? It's possible you need to replace it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the wife's 2015 cherokee. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix it. I've read elsewhere that the axillary battery that is used for the stop/start system sits under the passenger seat and may need replaced. Anyone fix this?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the wife's 2015 cherokee. I replaced the battery but that didn't fix it. I've read elsewhere that the axillary battery that is used for the stop/start system sits under the passenger seat and may need replaced. Anyone fix this?
That's for Grand Cherokee. No second battery for stop /start in KL as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
855 Posts
The KL is very sensitive to battery condition and type. The issues mentioned above fit into those caused by a “bad” battery, although there could be different causes too. These batteries don’t last more than three years, depending on conditions they may give up sooner.
Sophisticated load testing is required to determine condition.

I notice that the vehicles mentioned were 2015s, so 3-4 years old. “New battery” may not fix things if the battery is not the correct type. The cheap batteries even of the correct group have proven to fail. The right battery costs nearly $300US. Lots of battery threads here which explain this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The KL is very sensitive to battery condition and type. The issues mentioned above fit into those caused by a “bad” battery, although there could be different causes too. These batteries don’t last more than three years, depending on conditions they may give up sooner.
Sophisticated load testing is required to determine condition.

I notice that the vehicles mentioned were 2015s, so 3-4 years old. “New battery” may not fix things if the battery is not the correct type. The cheap batteries even of the correct group have proven to fail. The right battery costs nearly $300US. Lots of battery threads here which explain this.
I replaced my battery in June of 18 and is still popped up. Could it be a bad fuse?

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I replaced my battery in June of 18 and is still popped up. Could it be a bad fuse?
Hi,

We'll need more info here : Cherokee model year, engine, mileage and the exact problems you are experiencing right now.
Also : where (roughly) are you located ? Just trying to determine the type of climate the Jeep lives in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone is able to help me. I have a 2015 Jeep Cherokee that when in ACC mode everything works perfect however when I start it after about 30 seconds, "Battery Saver Mode" displays then the Radio volume goes to 0, Heated seats and steering stops working and the outlet at the back goes as well. The screen still works however if you try to turn to volume up it does not go up. I tried upgrading Uconnect and that just made things worst. Now at certain times the screen does not go off after turning the car off. I tired changing the batter but that didn't help. Got the following error when we ran a diagnostic. Has anyone experienced this issue? I'd appreciate some help.

U01B0-87- Lost Communication with Battery Monitor Module- Missing Message
U1008-67- LIN 1 BUS- Signal incorrect after event
Hi , Did you find the solution ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts