2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just curious, I got a pair of infinity reference 9632 and 9633 and figured i would try to install them this past weekend... didn’t have much luck as it was too cold. However the rear doors I had a gap as the magnets wouldn’t go down into the baskets fully. I was thinking of using 1/4 spacers.. any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

I am new to the forum but this post series helped me a lot. I am just done with swapping my original speakers (Cherokee '19, TH, 6 speaker base system) to JBL ones to GX302 in the dash and gx963 in the doors. All was fitting perfectly. Done that with Metra 72-6514 (Changed polarity in the plug itself - quite easy) and 72-7902 in the dash.

In general sound quality is not comparable to the stock speakers. Good bass, treble, separation - sounds like premium.

BTW: I had the discussion with Crutchfield folks about GX963, they told me that these don't fit my Cherokee :)

Marcin
Marcin, did you have to modify to fit the GX963's for the door speakers?? I have a set on order for my 2020 Jeep Cherokee with the 9 speaker system. I've read that the JBL's are too long, and some say they fit....

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite
86 Posts
Just curious, I got a pair of infinity reference 9632 and 9633 and figured i would try to install them this past weekend... didn’t have much luck as it was too cold. However the rear doors I had a gap as the magnets wouldn’t go down into the baskets fully. I was thinking of using 1/4 spacers.. any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
i just got these same speakers and will be putting them in my 2019 trailhawk. So you had to use 1/4 inch spacers? i installed the 3032cfx's in the dash and rear pillar already

I had the similar infinity reference speakers in my 2011 GC and they sounded so good with the Kenwood head unit. Already just the dash speakers sound so much better. The door pit, is that the bottom of the door where the cupholders are? Everything else is easy enough.

Thanks

Hopefully you are still liking them

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite
86 Posts
the front door infinity's are in I used the foam insulation type spacer noted earlier in this email. speakers fit without issue and sound good. just got the rear doors left

41 - 47 of 47 Posts