2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I may be a wrangler but have the same issue with oil coolant housing mine is cracked its up to a 60,000 part backorder but it may help if we all start a complaint in hopes of a recall because it won't stay a Crack forever and damage more in vehicle go to www.safercar.gov to file I just did

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Great tip, thanks.
KL owners with the PTU recall should do the same thing about the spline issue.
We have lots of great information on this forum, some of which may apply to Wranglers.
There are FCA JeepCares people on this forum, maybe they can help.
Don't know how to find them though.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Good luck with all that!!! Glad I don't ever have to worry about that particular known DEFECT!!!😎

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,450 Posts
I know I may be a wrangler but have the same issue with oil coolant housing mine is cracked its up to a 60,000 part backorder but it may help if we all start a complaint in hopes of a recall because it won't stay a Crack forever and damage more in vehicle go to www.safercar.gov to file I just did
Welcome to the forum.
Great tip, thanks.
KL owners with the PTU recall should do the same thing about the spline issue.
We have lots of great information on this forum, some of which may apply to Wranglers.
There are FCA JeepCares people on this forum, maybe they can help.
Don't know how to find them though.
Hey, sanghill! We're here!

We'd be happy to help you, Dbowlin. Send our team a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Just how can @JeepCares help if the parts are on backorder, and not available??? That's like someone wanting to order a new Cherokee right now, but oh, there's zero production right now, because the plant is shut down due to, oh no parts available?!?!😎

·
Registered
313 Posts
They are of limited help nowadays anyway. Seems stellantis has really taken their power away to escalate and actually get things done. Sorry to say but the customer support of recent at FCA/Jeep/Stellantis is really lacking.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Back in the 20th Century when I owned a Saab 900 you could order parts and specify "VOR".
Meant the vehicle was off the road and not drivable.
This escalated the priority for procuring the parts.
Does FCA have a similar system?
Now that we have had 7 years to collect "junkers" maybe there is something available from a salvage yard.
There should be enough "totaled" Cherokees with reasonably good engines.
My Jeep dealer has junk Cherokees, just need to salvage one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts