2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!! I am currently installing a complete new audio system In my 2014 Grand Cherokee. I have 4 amps going in and a DSP to replace the 9 speaker Alpine system that was in it. I also replaced the factory 8.4" screen with nav to a Pioneer 9" floating screen. My question is, has anyone on here used the factory wiring coming from the factory amp to utilize the factory wiring to the speakers. I have installed a PAC APH-CH01as a plug and play solution to utilize the factory wiring but I can not get my center channel speaker to play. All my wiring is correct and that's the only one that doesn't work. I'm assuming its controlled thru the data bus lines since that's where the bluetooth and chimes comes from. Any ideas other then running a new wire to the center channel? Oh and I also have the Idatalink Maestro RR2 behind the radio.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heres some photos of the install so far.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Maybe some audio experts here can help you out.
Be sure to check the Jeep Grand Cherokee forum.
Are there audio upgrade forums that deal with this?
Check the "Recommended Reading" section below.
Also, the "Search Community" above seems to work well.

·
Registered
978 Posts
OP, this is a Jeep Cherokee site, not a Grand Cherokee site. The two vehicles are completely different and share almost nothing. While some here might be able to help, you are much better off asking a group of folks who actually own Grand Cherokees, like this one:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Speaking as someone who competed and won in SoundQ competitions in the late 90's, if you're going to all the work of adding a new head unit, DSP, and amps, why try to use a "weak link" like any of the factory wiring?? Run new low-oxygen 100% copper wires in 12-14 awg (depending on how much power you want to push thru them) from your amps to your new speakers. IMHO, with modern cars, you basically have three options: stock, stock+new speakers, or 100% aftermarket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speaking as someone who competed and won in SoundQ competitions in the late 90's, if you're going to all the work of adding a new head unit, DSP, and amps, why try to use a "weak link" like any of the factory wiring?? Run new low-oxygen 100% copper wires in 12-14 awg (depending on how much power you want to push thru them) from your amps to your new speakers. IMHO, with modern cars, you basically have three options: stock, stock+new speakers, or 100% aftermarket.
Agreed - OP should really be replacing all of the speaker wiring if you're going full tilt on everything else. Only point of keeping any of it is if you are keeping the factory H/U and don't want to trash up the harnesses.

To the OP, Based on what I quickly pulled up - Maestro RR won't support OEM center channel with aftermarket amp - so you have to wire to amp manually regardless.

Looks like a pretty sweet build though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts