2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
It's not 4-low ;)

Its a massively high rear final drive ratio (8:125) vs the 4.12 of the regular CVT, combined with a different CVT that's how it gets the 19:1 crawl ratio, ADI KL V6's for example have 16:1 (3.2 with tow package) but short of the 48-56:1 the trailhawks have (depending on engine choice)

It makes a big difference vs a non FDII Patriot or compass but doesn't hold a candle to something with a proper low range.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's not 4-low ;)

Its a massively high rear final drive ratio (8:125) vs the 4.12 of the regular CVT, combined with a different CVT that's how it gets the 19:1 crawl ratio, ADI KL V6's for example have 16:1 (3.2 with tow package) but short of the 48-56:1 the trailhawks have (depending on engine choice)

It makes a big difference vs a non FDII Patriot or compass but doesn't hold a candle to something with a proper low range.
Yeah,. the CVT is something to get used to driving. Yesterday I showed
my son how to teeter on 2 wheels, and keep on going! It was up hill
and a lot of fun! LOL MUCH better than the FD1! I'm sure my TH would
out wheel his Compass, but still not a bad ride for a 16 year old. LOL

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So does anybody know how long the tire pressure light will flash? Also the tire pressure monitor light is on as well we’ve been driving it for about 6-7 miles I thought it would go off by now? We didn’t have the EVIC on our patriot so I’m not sure...

Sent from my TI-99/4A

·
Super Moderator
7,351 Posts
I seem to remember on my KL that unless I go over the 'recommended' PSI for the vehicle (i.e.: get to 34 if recommendation is 33), even if you come up to it, it won't go out...and it takes about 1/2 hour of drive time.
I've only had a low pressure warning twice, in the winter, over the last 6 plus years...so my memory may be a bit blurry

Reactions: XJ99

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
It went out after 3 days.. (weird)

XJ99;41003703 said:
My son's 2012 Jeep Compass has the sunroof, and I already cleaned the front tubes. I can not locate the rear tubes for the life of me. Any ideas?

The Patriot forum is dead, I tried Jeepforum under the MK section and came up empty.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Installed the sub today. Dang his compass sounds better than my Cherokee!

I didn't opt for the "premium" sound package on the KLs. I figure 2 KL payments
was enough money to drop LOL. Then again I got the TH, while the Compass
still came with stock skids and 4lo.

Pretty sweet ride for a first vehicle!
The premium sound in the Cherokee is awsome, id say even better then the great Boston Acoustics system in my 08 caliber (part of the triplets that included patriot and compas) the cherokee premium system even has surround sound.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I got the inner and outer tie rods replaced, and they (Jeep) did the alignment
as well. The Jeep drives, and tracks great! BUT....

Both front tires now rub at full clock on the front of the fender wells.
I'm taking it back for them to look at it, just curious if anyone has any thoughts?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I got the inner and outer tie rods replaced, and they (Jeep) did the alignment
as well. The Jeep drives, and tracks great! BUT....

Both front tires now rub at full clock on the front of the fender wells.
I'm taking it back for them to look at it, just curious if anyone has any thoughts?
So wait, it didn't rub before the tie rods were replaced, and now it does, with the same exact tires??? That's weird...

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I took the Jeep back to the dealer and they say I need to replace the steering gear?
The thing was fine before, it still tracks fine, doesn't pull, drives nice and smooth.
It rubs only to the right full clocked. It rubs on the front driver tire, and rear (front) passenger
tire on the front wheel wells.

Driver front forward on the wheel well.

Passenger front rear of the wheel well..

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
With the wheel centered, is the number of turns to lock the same on both sides.?
I just checked, and no. It turns farther to the right than to the left.
Left lands about 7:00 position, right 8:00 position.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Are the tires stock sized? I ran about 8 different size combinations on my Compass (OCD) and only got rubbing on the much bigger sizes, there is lots of room with the stock tires something must be super out of whack or alignment.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Shouldn't full clock right stop at the 5:00 position?

On my KL when I clock it right, stops close to 1:00
Left clocks close to 11:00.

Also been looking at "Jeep compass steering angle reset."
It should be performed after an alignment, and it seems
you need a scan tool for this.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Are the tires stock sized? I ran about 8 different size combinations on my Compass (OCD) and only got rubbing on the much bigger sizes, there is lots of room with the stock tires something must be super out of whack or alignment.
Stock tires, same tires before and after tie rods and alignment.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts