2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk, Velvet Red Pearl
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of purchasing a 2" spacer lift kit, and I need to throw something out there to see if others have heard.
I've talked with a few manufacturers for 2" spacer lift kits and one of them said the following.

If you install a 1.5"-2.0" spacer lift kit on one of these model year Trailhawks, it creates a limitation on Front End extension when traveling off-road. They said you don't notice with day to day driving, but when off-roading and suspension tries to fully extend, it can't. Hence a rougher ride. Something about the sub-frame?

Has anybody heard this, and maybe know if it's true and/or really affects the ride.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2019 Firecracker Red Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
176 Posts
I was thinking of purchasing a 2" spacer lift kit, and I need to throw something out there to see if others have heard.
I've talked with a few manufacturers for 2" spacer lift kits and one of them said the following.

If you install a 1.5"-2.0" spacer lift kit on one of these model year Trailhawks, it creates a limitation on Front End extension when traveling off-road. They said you don't notice with day to day driving, but when off-roading and suspension tries to fully extend, it can't. Hence a rougher ride. Something about the sub-frame?

Has anybody heard this, and maybe know if it's true and/or really affects the ride.

Thanks in advance.
I have never heard this. I, personally, have traversed many a trail and never had any issues. I have 2”MFC lift and the Dobinsons shocks, giving me +/-2 3/4” lift. I have never had any issues with any off road trail I’ve attempted and there have been some seriously “oh my god” questionable trails. I love my setup, however I am very cautious about recommending it. If done over, I would go with the 2” MFC lift and leave it at that. Concerning a “rough ride” on a off road trail? I’d need you to define ”rough” because most of the trails I seem to go on, are by there very nature, “rough.” Just my 2¢ 😎

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,646 Posts

First of all, the suspension, driveline and steering components on every Trailhawk from 2014-2022 are exactly the same, so how would only the 2019+ be affected by this so called "limited travel" thing, which I too have not experienced. Who exactly told you this, because you sure didn't read it on here anywhere. What else do you want to know???😎
Tin Automotive lighting Guitar accessory Motor vehicle Tin can

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,082 Posts
Don't worry about it. I added a 2" and barely noticed a difference, on road or off. Then when I added larger tires, it got way smoother, both on and off-road.

Reactions: Flybynightcru
1 - 7 of 7 Posts