2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Straight forward question. Talked with MFC and they informed me 31.5 is max with no trimming. Should I trim and go the extra inch? I am off roading but the trails I frequent I don't think the extra is really does much for me.

These are questions while I'm waiting for my cams and roller rockers to be finished.

Also anyone running grapplers from nitto?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Be careful on tire type.. I bought r/t mud tires.. tires size 245 75 17 (31.9) with a very trimmed pinch weld and chopped liners and they still rub on full lock.. Just don't know where.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What size tires exactly

·
Registered
789 Posts
30.5" , 245/70r17 or 265/65r17 is about it lift or no lift. more than that usually requires grinding the pinch welds
you might squeeze in some 255/70r17 with trailhawk wheels and massaging the plastic.

you are severely lacking info.

what model of cherokee do you have?
and specifically what wheels are you running.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Something else to consider is whether or not you are getting a spare. I went with the 245/70R-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs because it was slightly bigger than the stock trailhawk tires and it would still fit in the spare tire well in the trunk. Anything bigger won't fit in the spare tire well. You could always keep a bigger spare on a roof rack or get the Hitchgate solo and mount it on the back. Just some food for thought...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Straight forward question. Talked with MFC and they informed me 31.5 is max with no trimming. Should I trim and go the extra inch? I am off roading but the trails I frequent I don't think the extra is really does much for me.

These are questions while I'm waiting for my cams and roller rockers to be finished.

Also anyone running grapplers from nitto?
Do not do it. The drama caused by the larger tires will make you go insane every time your tires rub. I’ve done all the mods. They still rub.

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
456 Posts
I went with a 1-1/2" Hazard Sky lift and LT265/65R17 tires and feel just as good today as I did when it went in well over a year ago. No other mods were performed and have never heard, felt or saw evidence of any rubbing.

The 245/65R17 original spare is still in the spare tire well. I plan to use it much like a temporary donut, if and when necessary.

Reactions: Rand

·
Registered
789 Posts
I went with a 1-1/2" Hazard Sky lift and LT265/65R17 tires and feel just as good today as I did when it went in well over a year ago. No other mods were performed and have never heard, felt or saw evidence of any rubbing.

The 245/65R17 original spare is still in the spare tire well. I plan to use it much like a temporary donut, if and when necessary.
Right,the OP is talking about 31's or 32's
265/65r17 is 30.56" aprox diameter.. so thats a stretch to round up to 31". IMO.

It would be alot easier if he just listed actual tire sizes under consideration.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys sorry for the late replies. I have read all of them and have a lot to consider. I have a 2015 Trailhawk 3.2L. Also I looked back at my correspondence with them and they definitely said 30.5" not 31. My fault! Here are the tires and sizes I'm considering:

Nitto Terra Grappler G2 either 245/65R17 or 265/65R17 they're 30.55"

BFG KO2 265/70

1 - 11 of 11 Posts