2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Another update for you guys. I filled up with Shell 91 V-Power. The rattle noise is totally gone. I was trying everything I could to replicate it and it’s a no go. I’m not gonna take my car into the dealer anymore cause I fixed the problem. However would it be worth it to let my service advisor know what was going on and what the fix was? Or should I keep quiet. I don’t want to mess up my warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
How would you mess up your warranty?

Next oil change I would mention it. I certainly would not keep running 91 ONLY because of the cost. The car should run fine on 87. Maybe you got a bad tank or something, but if it constantly knocks using 87 something is wrong. Let them figure it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
Next oil change I would mention it. I certainly would not keep running 91 ONLY because of the cost. The car should run fine on 87. Maybe you got a bad tank or something, but if it constantly knocks using 87 something is wrong. Let them figure it out.
Agreed, and another thing, if you aren't already, stick to Top Tier Gas :cool:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

I was thinking that running the higher octane than they recommend could screw with the warranty. I guess it won’t. I agree running 91 all the time will be expensive. I’ll experiment with 89 next fill up to see if the pinging stays quiet. I’ll let the service advisor know and see what he says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts