2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Actually I find the cabin filters get dirty pretty fast! I change the engine air
filter once a year. This last time I changed the on the 2018, and the 2019
it was well over $100 for 4 filters....

Reactions: rumrunner

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
This was after a year...

I do both around my birthday just so I remember... :cool:

Reactions: rumrunner and Mark_

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so was that the first time u changed it out in ur 2014? so 8 years? im just trying to gauge how a filter can get that dirty.....like the above post said ive never seen one that bad before and makes me wanna change mine out lol
no not the 1st time. bought it in 2015 w/ 11k miles. I'm at 184k miles now. I've changed the 2 filters at least 2 other times. so 3 times in 7 seven years (maybe more?) I have good intentions, I think about changing them hahaha. I bought the cabin filter maybe 6 months ago but never put it in. oh BTW @Mark_ I meant to tell him I used his cheat/trick of a little black duct tape, to hold the cabin cover on, since I broke one tab the 1st time I changed it

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I picked up engine & cabin filters for my elderly parents 2002 Toyota Camry. I'll change those in a cpl weeks. they don't drive much & keep it garaged. my Dad has been downright militant about his cabin filter. but still I think only changed it once a year. for that car, it's probably about right. no idea about his engine filters so I'm excited to do theirs

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
This was after a year..

I do both around my birthday just so I remember... :cool:
I know you live in NC, but do you take your Jeep off road, or drive on gravel roads, etc?

I'm asking because with my vehicles I guess you could call me a pavement warrior, as it's rare that I even see a gravel road. Even after 2 or 3 years of use my filters look better than yours when replaced, so it's surprising to me to see those pictures of yours.

Oh well, maybe the air here in MN is just a lot cleaner than in your parts. ;)

Reactions: XJ99

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
I know you live in NC, but do you take your Jeep off road, or drive on gravel roads, etc?

I'm asking because with my vehicles I guess you could call me a pavement warrior, as it's rare that I even see a gravel road. Even after 2 or 3 years of use my filters look better than yours when replaced, so it's surprising to me to see those pictures of yours.

Oh well, maybe the air here in MN is just a lot cleaner than in your parts. ;)

I do off-road when I get a chance (nothing hardcore) and also keep it
on recirculating air especially in the hot humid months like right now. IDK

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I do off-road when I get a chance (nothing hardcore) and also keep it
on recirculating air especially in the hot humid months like right now. IDK
Yeah, that was the question I didn't ask.....if you used recirculating air on a regular basis. Here in MN I only recirculate on our hot summer days, which obviously isn't as many as you would experience in NC.

Reactions: XJ99

·
Registered
6 Posts
2016 Jeep Cherokee 2.4 liter with 438,000 miles on it. The AC Blower fan was not blowing very well and I actually purchased a new blower from RockAuto to replace it. I also purchased a cabin air filter. Before changing the blower, I pulled the cabin air filter and it was all gunked up. Replaced it and now the blower is grear again. I guess the miles added up quickly and I ignored the cabin air filter! Do not do that!

·
Registered
12,017 Posts
Ok-Ok... I did mine today because of this thread. I had put it off... it was kinda dirty. No pics, no evidence ;)

Reactions: XJ99 and rumrunner

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
At least they are easy to take out. My wife’s Ford Fusion is a nightmare removing the glove box and trim pieces.
Yeah, it's a similar glove box and trim procedure with my Infiniti. Plus, you need a screw driver with at least 12 inches of length to get at some of the screws.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You guys made me check mine out too. It wasn't too bad, but I might order another Pureflow to have on hand...😎
Did you find that the Pureflow restricted airflow at all? OEM for my model is the standard filter and tried a Bosch premium filter one and it really restricted the flow and created a whistling sound.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,326 Posts
Did you find that the Pureflow restricted airflow at all? OEM for my model is the standard filter and tried a Bosch premium filter one and it really restricted the flow and created a whistling sound.
Nope, not at all. Plus it sure keeps the cabin smelling better as well...😎

Reactions: pluka
1 - 20 of 24 Posts