2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where exactly were the 245/70's rubbing before the lift???😎
It wasn’t bad, but the front wheels were rubbing both the front and back inside corners (not sure exactly what to call them).Really only when cutting the turn sharp. Just tested it on a trail by the house, feels great now.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,574 Posts
It wasn’t bad, but the front wheels were rubbing both the front and back inside corners (not sure exactly what to call them).Really only when cutting the turn sharp. Just tested it on a trail by the house, feels great now.

View attachment 216103 View attachment 216104
Looks like the inside of the fender liner. Not rubbing now though, are they??? Looks good!!! Did you get it aligned yet??? Be sure to get the printout with the actual numbers, I'm always curious to see those, since they seem to vary a lot, especially with camber...😎

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk
79 Posts
Looks good, can’t wait to get my HS 2” kit installed.

Did you install the rear wheel centering kit too?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, can’t wait to get my HS 2” kit installed.

Did you install the rear wheel centering kit too?
Thanks a lot. Yes, had to have the RWCK installed. The MFC 2” came with one, so I ended up purchasing a spare on accident ha.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Thanks a lot. Yes, had to have the RWCK installed. The MFC 2” came with one, so I ended up purchasing a spare on accident ha.
Measure the spacers for us, since you have a spare uninstalled. That's good info to have on hand...😎

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 3.2L 4x4
43 Posts
So I’m still really confused on lifting, so what’s the biggest wheel you can get? And can you get the wheels on before lifting and centering or is it completely dependent on the lift working. Also how’s the durability after it? Ooo and is there any benefit to using mfc or hs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
So I’m still really confused on lifting, so what’s the biggest wheel you can get? And can you get the wheels on before lifting and centering or is it completely dependent on the lift working. Also how’s the durability after it? Ooo and is there any benefit to using mfc or hs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What exactly are you confused about??? Wheel size is pretty irrelevant, outside tire diameter is not. If I had any other trim level Cherokee with anything other than 17 inch wheels, with a +31 offset, ie, Limited with 18 inch with +40, Lats with either 18" +40, OR 17"" +40, and even a few now equipped with 19" +40 (really scratching my head as to who thought that was a great idea), I would be changing to 17" with a +30-31 offset. As for tire size, I have a 2" MFC with Rear Wheel Centering Kit, and the optional strut collars, and I run the 30.6" tall 245/70/17 Toyo A/T III's. Some will go taller, but not without trimming cutting and grinding, which I don't see the need for. I promise you, my Trailhawk is just as capable as anyone else who is pushing the envelope of reliability with taller lifts, and bigger, heavier tires. Back to wheel size, I prefer smaller wheel, with taller sidewall tires=more rubber between the rocks, and the wheels. As for the difference between the MFC and Hazard Sky components, I really can't comment except HS is the less expensive of the two. Other than that, I don't know, since I don't have experience with the HS components. Hope that helps. If you have anymore questions, feel free to PM me...😎

1 - 13 of 13 Posts