2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
It’s my first time doing an alignment on a Jeep and it’s a 19 Trailhawk, my suspension is out of wag. I was able to pull back my rear camber and toe back to spec but I didn’t touch the front camber. I have no clue of how to adjust it, something about loosing the cross member bolts and shift the hold front end. So has anyone adjusted the front camber or know how it’s done properly? I didn’t want to chance it and f it up even more. I know how to do an alignment but never done a Jeep before thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You can't do a correct alignment, it is impossible.
You need a Hunter laser wheel alignment machine using the correct settings and software for your vehicle.
You also need to know which bolts to turn in the correct order.
A shop manual is essential. Everything needs to be torqued correctly. Need to check ball joints and bushings. If anything is bent it needs to be replaced.
Usually the rear alignment is done first, then do the front alignment.
Go to a Jeep dealer.
Do not go to any other wheel alignment shop. They probably don't have correct software for your vehicle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can't do a correct alignment, it is impossible.
You need a Hunter laser wheel alignment machine using the correct settings and software for your vehicle.
You also need to know which bolts to turn in the correct order.
A shop manual is essential. Everything needs to be torqued correctly. Need to check ball joints and bushings. If anything is bent it needs to be replaced.
Usually the rear alignment is done first, then do the front alignment.
Go to a Jeep dealer.
Do not go to any other wheel alignment shop. They probably don't have correct software for your vehicle.
Firestone does have the correct alignment specification and torque info and have no problem aligning KLs.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I buy all of my tires from my local Firestone shop.
I let them do a free alignment check and they provide a printout. I don't let them adjust anything.
They have all ready stripped out one of the plastic screw holes for my air filter.
They finally got the correct software version.
If an alignment adjustment is indicated I go to my Jeep dealer and let them check the alignment and make any necessary adjustments.
Their mechanic is experienced because I have had lots of wheel alignment checks and adjustments.
Fortunately the Jeep dealer I bought my Jeep from has done great service for the past 6 years.

·
Registered
2019 TH/E 2.0T
914 Posts
Firestone does have the correct alignment specification and torque info and have no problem aligning KLs.
Yes, and no. I went to my local Firestone dealer this spring and he told me that Firestone (all dealers) did not have 2019+ in their computer for models that have Foward Collision and Adaptive Cruise Control. Maybe they do now?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I was referring to a 2014 Cherokee. After I bought by 2014 it took Firestone and my Jeep dealer a while before they received the software.
I finally decided the cars come from the factory with the correct alignment.
Going off road doesn't change the alignment. Jeep seems to have a fairly sturdy suspension system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts