2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat - Sun/Moon Roof - Heated/Cooled Seats
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a ton of posts on the Trailhawk 100,000 mile service program.
However, I cannot seem to locate the answers to my questions...

How long does it take to preform the 100,000 mile servicing?
What is the approximate cost for this servicing?

Trying to decide if I want to do the 2 hour drive to the dealership I bough my 2015 Trailhawk at, since I trust them, or if I should just use a Jeep dealership closer, who has a good reputation but I have never done business with them.

Thanking you in advance.

GUP

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
According to the Owner's Manual the only thing that needs to be done at 100K miles is inspect some things and replace the spark plugs.
The engine coolant is replaced at 150K miles or 10 years, you aren't there yet.
In January 2020 my dealer replaced the spark plugs.
$470.00 for gaskets and labor and shop supplies.
I bought stock Champion Iridium spark plugs from NAPA for $79.00. You have to buy 8.
So maybe you can get it done for $800 or so, depending on whatever else they find.
Get the oil cooler checked for leaks while they have the intake manifolds removed.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat - Sun/Moon Roof - Heated/Cooled Seats
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the Owner's Manual the only thing that needs to be done at 100K miles is inspect some things and replace the spark plugs.
The engine coolant is replaced at 150K miles or 10 years, you aren't there yet.
In January 2020 my dealer replaced the spark plugs.
$470.00 for gaskets and labor and shop supplies.
I bought stock Champion Iridium spark plugs from NAPA for $79.00. You have to buy 8.
So maybe you can get it done for $800 or so, depending on whatever else they find.
Get the oil cooler checked for leaks while they have the intake manifolds removed.
Thanks Sanghill, appreciate the info
About long can expect the shop to have my car?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
At least 1 day, that is why I supply my own parts, then I don't have to wait until the next day when the parts arrive.
The only thing else they need is 6 intake manifold gaskets, part number 5184562AC $8.00 each.
I am assuming you have a V6 engine, if not you can ignore my posts.
I have found I have a better repour with the Jeep dealer where I bought my Jeep.

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Just curious, why 8 spark plugs? I could see 6 or 12, but 8 seems odd to me...
Not saying you're wrong just want to know why 8?

·
Premium Member
1,945 Posts
Huh, I thought they could sell them individually. Oh well, thanks...

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Could probably have bought exactly 6 at the Jeep dealer but that would have cost more than buying 8 from NAPA.
It was a surprise to me too. Anybody need 2 spark plugs?

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
They come in packs of 4 from NAPA.
You can get NGK plugs in single packs so if you go with them you only have to get 6.

I got six NGK Laser Iridium Plug Spark Plugs 9723 SILZKR7B11 for $57 online, including shipping, in February last year.

I had a small leak in the radiator so I decided to have my usual (non dealer) shop do the spark plugs at the same time. I also had them replace the PCV valve, just as a precaution. I then had them purchase all the parts, and I just kept the plugs I bought myself as spares. It's a bit more when they source the parts compared to what I can find them for myself, but it comes with some benefits: The hourly rate is lower and the warranty includes the labor when they supply the parts. So it was worth it to me.

So in the end, for just the spark plugs it was $348 in labor (just shy of 3 hours), $ 51.75 for the gaskets, and $120.12 for the NGK plugs. So about $520 total.
The PCV valve was $46.07 in parts and $85 (about 40 minutes) in labor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm ... at almost 160k miles maybe I shud think about changing a spark plug or two ...
Might I suggest changing at least 4 or 6 depending on how many cylinders your engine has? Lol 😂

1 - 12 of 12 Posts